Do you want to link Aadhar card with PAN card? It is necessary to link PAN Card with Aadhar Card. Government Of India has made it compulsory for all PAN Card holders to link PAN Card with Aadhar Card.
If you reading this article, then it means that you have not linked your PAN Card with Aadhar Card yet.
Hey! For what you are waiting for? Do you have any problem regarding linking of PAN Card with Aadhar Card? Then read this article. You will find step-to-step guidelines for how to link PAN Card with Aadhar Card? It is must. Do it as early as possible.
How To Link Aadhar Card With PAN Card
IMPORTANT NOTICE: LASR DATE TO LINK AADHAR CARD WITH PAN CARD IS 3oth June 2018
How To Link Aadhar Card With PAN Card Using SMS
Taxpayers can link their PAN card with their Aadhaar card using an easy SMS-based process, declared by The Income Tax Department.
Here it is the way how to link Aadhar card with PAN card using SMS.
SMS format to link Aadhaar with PAN
Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the following format:
UIDPAN<12 digit Aadhaar><10 digit PAN>
Example: UIDPAN 123412341234 ABCDEF12GH
After sending a message, you have to wait for the confirmation messages. Once the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) verifies your data, then the linking will be completed.
The department has explained how both, Aadhar card and PAN card, can be linked by just sending a message to 567678 or you can also send a message at 56161.
Another way to link Aadhar card with PAN is the official e-filing website of the Income Tax Department and link both these documents. Linking Aadhar Card with PAN Card will help you to get tax facilities online.
Now for new PAN card application or Change in PAN Card or Reprint of PAN Card, it is compulsory to give Aadhar card. And after that, there is no need of linking Aadhar Card with PAN Card again.
And Government has made compulsory for all taxpayers to mention the Aadhar or the Enrolment ID at the time of filling their Income Tax-Returns.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: LASR DATE TO LINK AADHAR CARD WITH PAN CARD IS 30th June 2018
How To Link Aadhar Card With PAN Card Online
The first thing that taxpayers have to do is to register on the Income-tax e-Filing portal in order to link PAN Card and Aadhar Card. Once they have done registration, they have to follow the steps given below:
- You have to Log in to the Income Tax Department’s e-Filing portal of by entering the Log-in ID, Password and Date of Birth.
- A popup window will appear when you log in to the site, indicating you to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card.
- You have to enter the details such as Your Name, Date of Birth and Gender will already be mentioned as per the details submitted at the time of registration on the e-Filing portal.
- Then you have to verify your given details on screen with the details mentioned on your Aadhar card.
- If all details are same, then enter your Aadhar Card 12 digit number and then click on the “Link Now” button.
- And at the end, a pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar card has been linked to your PAN card successfully. This pop-up will come only when your Aadhar Card and Pan Card details are same or correct.
Open the Income Tax e-filing portal. Click here to open.
Register for it. Your PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be your user id.
Log in to the page using your User ID, Password and Date of Birth.
Find the blue tab on the highest bar named ‘Profile Settings’ on the Menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
You have to add all the required details like Your Name, DOB and Gender as per your PAN Card details and then after Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number. Then Verify captcha and Click On Link Aadhaar.
Finally, a pop-up message will display as your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked to your PAN card.
(Note: All Images are taken from Google Images.)